Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

1921: THE COCA COLA BUILDING IN CHAMBERSBURG

Were it not for Coca Cola, I would be sporting a 34 inch waist instead of the 40 incher I now carry around. I am a "teetotaler" when it comes to beer and other forms of yucky tasting alcoholic beverages. But Coke? High test, please, not that diet junk that all true Cola lovers find distasteful. However, back to more mundane subjects. Here's a very elusive photo of the Coca Cola building on Chestnut Avenue in the Burg. Do any of my visitors remember when their competitor, Royal Crown Cola, had a bottling plant on Hamilton Avenue in the 12 or 1300 block? I sure do. We used to stand in front of their big picture windows and watch the bottles slide by on the conveyor, the employees all dressed in white from white caps to white socks.Ahh, the memories!

THANKS FOR THIS COMMENT FROM BEN TABARINI RECEIVED 9/13:

The recent comment and photo of the Coka Cola factory was a great reminder. I received the message from Art recchi. It brought back memories of my walking past the facility from 1936 to 1939 on my daily walking to Junior 4.

Art's mesage was to inquire as to what was across the street. Just happened to be the elementary school for Immaculate conception.
Ben Tabarini

No comments: