Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2009

1947: "PUPPY LOVE" AT KUSER GRAMMAR SCHOOL

The young lady on the right is Millie Long. On the left is her best friend, Gloria Clark....that's me in the middle; all 4 foot 9inches of me. I had to stand on a concrete abutment to reach their height. Millie was my 8th grade sweetheart, long before I met my dear wife Judy Britton. Most of us guys were captivated by a young lady during our years in grammar school. They gave us that very interesting emotional malady known as "Puppy Love." Millie was one of those grammar school classmates who captured my 13 year old heart. Few indeed are those of us who will ever forget the object of our affection in those grammar school years. The late Mildred Long was one of those lovely young girls who brightened my life when I first met her in 8th grade at Kuser School. I recently went to that big old Sycamore tree in front of Kuser School and looked in vain for the heart that I carved on that tree back in 1947. I thought would last forever: “Tommy G. + Millie L," but it was nowhere to be seen.

No comments: