Search This Blog

Saturday, August 08, 2009

1912: BOATING AT LAKESIDE PARK (Ca 1912)

How I love these old, faded and rabbit eared gems from the past! Thanks to Adobe "Photo Shop CS4 Extended," I am able to transform what was a very drab, faded and somewhat worse for wear piece of history and bring it into the 21st century, A bit of enhancement to the blue sky and water, bring those boaters into clearer view, attach a color coordinated border, add a caption, and voila! We have an historic view of Gropp's Lake, AKA Lakeside as it appeared nearly a century ago.
I will be posting numerous Lakeside Park photos and views on this website during the next days and perhaps weeks, thanks to "Lakeside Girl," a visitor who has been a regular since 2005 when this blog was started. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Ralph Lucarella said...

Hi Tom: The diving board platform at Lakeside was terrific, That's where I learned to swim. I visited the corner store often. It was one of the few places in the Trenton area where you can enjoy a beach.

Tom Glover said...

WITH SUCH A JEWEL RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, I AM AT A LOSS TO UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DON'T RE-CONSTRUCT THAT OLD DIVING BOARD, POUR A FEW HUNDRED TONS OF SAND ON THE BEACH, AND GIVE US BACK A LOCAL LEGEND. 'TIS A PUZZLEMENT!

TOM GLOVER

Ralph Lucarella said...

One more thing Tom. The next time you talk to Al DeMartin, ask him if he remembers my brother Chuck. I believe he knew him and my sister Rose well.