Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

YAHOO EMAIL = YAHOO SNAIL MAIL?

It's called "Murphy's Law!" As soon as I switched to tom.glover51@yahoo.com, I found that clicking on "Compose" results in a blinking "Loading" message. It wouldn't even load an attachment. The blinking "LOADING" thing does just that: It just keeps loading and loading and loading and loading and loading...... I thought it was an isolated glitch until I found that it just continued after numerous attempts. Yahoo seems to be OK in receiving messages, so I can live with that problem, at least temporarily.

So, what to do? I am keeping tom.glover51@yahoo.com. (For a while, anyway.) I have created thomglo@live.com which seems to act as a quality email should. I have no problem receiving in either mode, so the next time you receive an email from either platform, just respond as you normally do via thomglo@live.com or tom.glover320@yahoo.com.

A Google search for "Yahoo loads too slow," or something with similar words, resulted in sites where many other yahoo people are experiencing the same problem. I suspect that I will ultimately change to the hotmail account via "Windows Live," but in the meantime I'll try to enjoy both worlds, checking each one as often as I check my emails. Thanks for your indulgence.

Tom Glover

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom
Try switching to "classic mail" in yahoo. I find I have similar prolems with Yahoo, but only when I'm in the newer "beta" version.
Hope this helps.
- April
aprilicity@yahoo.com