Search This Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2009

1944: WE OLD TIMERS REMEMBER "THE NUT HOUSE"

"Salted in pure creamery butter..." The ethereal aroma eminating from the place we always called "The Nut House" was almost, but never quite equal to the tantalizing aroma coming from Prior's Donuts on Liberty St. and So. Clinton Avenue. You talk about "Aromatherapy!" If I could bottle the above-mentioned aromas I would bet that there are hundreds of my over 60 generation who would be repeat customers.

Who could ever forget stepping off of a bus at State and Broad and inhaling the the distinctive aroma of downtown Trenton? Who could ever forget the delicious aroma of fresh brewed coffee, hot dogs hamburgers, and roasted nuts, all combining with the unforgettable aroma of a the exhaust from a Trenton Transit bus?
This post will be included in my ever-growing "NOSTALGIA" folder. I should really create sub folder and call it "PRECIOUS MEMORIES!"

No comments: