Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2009

1987: Steinert Straight "A" Students

I tried so hard! All through my Kuser School years from "Reception" grade in Miss Kelley's class to "7-1," I made the honor roll almost every marking period, but never straight "A's." To me, that is an incredible accomplishment. Eighth grade was my downfall. It was there that I was paying more attention to the opposite sex than to my studies, and it was down hill from there. But not those straight "A" kids; Elaine Globus, Charlotte Wilson, Madeline Bencivengo, Marty Bisbee, Eleanor and Barbara Cohen, and too many others to list here, went right through high school and grammar school with those honors. And don't you know, Thomas Lee Glover, 11th grade student in John ("Jake") Owens' history class, received lowly "C's" in History in two marking periods. I'm a "late bloomer."

No comments: