Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

1940: JUNIOR FOUR ORCHESTRA

NOTE: MY OLD FRIEND GUS PERILLI HAS INFORMED ME THAT THE JUNIOR 4-GRACE DUNN SCHOOL ALUMNI SOCIETY WILL BE MEETING AT THE HAMILTON LIBRARY. I HAVE ASSURED GUS THAT HE HAS UNLIMITED ACCESS TO ANY AND ALL NEWS ITEMS I FOUND AND WILL FIND IN THE FUTURE.

Some very familiar names are in the above photo. There's my old friend from St. Anthony Parish, Nick Tomasulo, (Spelled "la femina as Tomasula) Harry Dilts, and Wes Hopkins, who went on to a WTTM radio career. I note other names familiar to Trenton area residents of the day, but whom I never had the pleasure to meet.

3 comments:

Mack said...

Love this pic with Jr#4 on the Drums:)

Jr#4 was still a perfectly good school still when I left it in June of 1977:)

SJBill said...

Great pic!

Dottie Pone, front row, second from right, is Pat Pone's daughter. She was much cuter than the pic shows.

Still love that big FOUR bass drum.

Crimson and Blue, We Cherish You!

Tom Glover said...

Let me correct an erroneous case of mistaken identity. I mistakenly recalled Nick Tomasulo, but my recollection of him at St. Anthony was incorrect. I was really thinking of Nick Salimondo, who was a regular attendee at our annual St. Alphonso retreats.

Tom Glover