Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

1890:TRENTON IS A BASEBALL TOWN

Play Ball! With the start of the 2009 baseball season getting underway with another week or so, it's appropriate that I start to enter a few interesting items regarding America's favorite pastime from my "BASEBALL" folder. I really look forward to another season of Yankee baseball. (Yup, a Yankee fan since 1948 from radio 1010 WINS in New York with Mel Allen, Red Barber, Mickey Mantle, White Ford, Yogi Berra and countless other baseball heroes I have heard and watched over the years.) I find the above article to be of great interest. There are many articles relating to the Cuban baseball players. Apparently they were much like the Negro league which had many stars that I am sure were superior to a number of major league players.

1 comment:

Mack said...

I am an Orioles fan surrounded by
mostly Yankees fans growing up.
Joe D's name was sacred in the Burg
and is with me as well.
Phil Rizzuto on the radio was part of every spring and summer (and often early fall) back in my day:)
I like to watch the yanks because
I like to see good baseball.
My Orioles used to also play good baseball but that was long ago:)
As Phil Rizzuto said "Holy Cow!" :))