Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

2007: Ray Danberry-Goodbye old friend

Ray and I renewed old acquaintances in 2005 when he came to my office in the Hamilton Library to add material to this HHS '51 website. He and I had the "character" leads in our operetta of 1951, "Tulip Time." He was the "Burgomaster, and I was his flack, "Hans." He recalled that it was a very simple task for him to pick up my 98 pound frame and place it from point "A" to point "B." I can still hear him sing one of his lines in that production: "I am der Burgomaster of dis place, der guy vot fills der office. In politics und funny tricks, you'll find dot I'm no novice..." Ray and his lovely wife "Sandy" were an integral part of happy years at Hamilton High. He is missed by all of us who knew him. Rest in peace, Ray. We'll all meet again!

1 comment:

Lee Belardino said...

Tom
Ray Danberry was terrific guy.A big guy with a bigger heart.A sort of gentle giant. His lovely wife Sandy.Wonderful lady and they made a fantastic pair. The biggest hit in Tulip time was big Ray picking you up and placing you down. I'll never forget it.
Lee