Search This Blog

Sunday, December 14, 2008

2008: THE "ROYAL BLUE;" THE OBJECT OF MY AFFECTION


I have met the nicest people in the world in the 27 years I have been writing for the local press, and also on this website. This week's "Sentimental Journey" Column in the Times of Trenton wherein I wrote about my lusting for an American Flyer "Royal Blue" train set when I was 10, resulted in the exquisite photo below which was sent to me this afternoon. I also received and email wherein Ron Mapps wrote and told me he still has the same cardboard trains set I got for Christmas '43 as related in my column. To those visitors who are not in the circulation area of the Times, Google TOM GLOVER HAMILTON TRENTON and when the Times gets around to publishing my Christmas Shopping in Downtown Trenton, 1943, you can read about the creaky wooden floor at Goldberg's Department Store. Currently, my last column relating to the Saturday night Canteens at Hamilton High is posted, and will be replaced with the more recent column.

No comments: