Search This Blog

Saturday, December 27, 2008

1989: WHITE HORSE'S GREAT OLD BROCKWAY!

I remember how enthralled I was when that white and gold beauty passed by in a parade, or when the White Horse guys came into our neighborhood to fight a fire. Most of the fire trucks were "fire engine red" back in my boyhood years, and a departure from the norm was a natural way to charm a boy. I need the expertise of Joe Zalescik, Gil Lugossy, Jim Colello, or one of the Lenhardt boys to tell me the year on that great old Brockway. I guessed it as about 1946 or 1947, but that is a guess.

THANKS TO JOE ZALESCIK FOR IDENTIFYING THAT BEAUTIFUL BROCKWAY.
JOE WROTE:

The photo posted is a 1940 Custom built Brockway 250 GPM pumper. Photo was from the 35th anniversary parade from 1949.
Joe Zalescik

No comments: