Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

1978: YOUTH LEAGUE SOCCER CHAMPS


Once again, my thanks go out to my dear friend and fellow historian, Alan Wildblood who wrote regarding my caption on the above photo. I erroneously attributed this team of young ladies to the Nottingham North Stars High School team. Thankfully, Alan remembered the local soccer star Lisa Gmitter played for the Steinert High School Spartans. On closer inspection, I note the "H" letters on the team, and assume that "H" refers to Hamilton. The writer of the text under the photo referred to " the Nottingham fields," which is possibly, but not necessarily Nottingham High School fields. Perhaps a future visitor who is familar with the Central Jersey Youth Soccer League can provide some insight.
Thanks again, Alan, and please continue to keep me honest.
I really appreciate the corrections. It would be completely
inappropriate to present historically inaccurate information.

No comments: