Search This Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2008

2008: Thanks to Randy From Northern California

"Small World."
I received this guestbook message from D. Randy Riggs, a fellow Bromleyite. Randy's Bromley address is just up the street from my Atlantic Avenue home (which is adjacent to the 1900 block of Greenwood Avenue). Thanks for the guestbook entry Randy, I hope you return often. If you key in the keyword BROMLEY (upper or lower case) in the upper right of the page next to "SEARCH BLOG," you will find numerous Bromley posts which I have been posting since the inception of this website in November, 2005. Entering HEIDELBERG will bring you to the current post (this one) and a long string of other posts which contain the Heidelberg name. There is a vintage photo of what was my favorite restaurant back in the late 40's and early 50's. Remember their delightful wienerschnitzel?

SCAN THOSE PHOTOS IN AND SEND THEM TO ME (thomglo@verizon.net) RANDY, AND WITH YOUR PERMISSION, THEY WILL BE POSTED.
=================================
Randy wrote:

I am so happy to have discovered your wonderful website from here in Northern California. Although I was born in Trenton, I lived in Yardley, Pa. and Ewing Township, too (Ewing H.S. Class of ’64). However, my Dad (George L. Riggs) and his family (grandparents Frank P. and Anna C. Riggs) lived at 2023 Greenwood Ave where my aunt (Evelyn Riggs) was born in 1913, and my mother (Irene Bernath, H.H.S Class of 1937) lived on Nottingham Way when she was young, so I have many Hamilton memories. I also have photos that I'd love to share that you will find interesting. Of course, I went to the fair every year and many races at the Speedway and I also remember eating many times at the Old Heidelberg restaurant. Great memories and thank you so much for this most excellent effort!

No comments: