Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

1923: WHITE HORSE SOCCER CLUB

THANKS TO VISITOR MR. E. CUNNINGHAM FOR THIS PHOTO OF THE 1923 WHITE HORSE SOCCER TEAM. SEE MR. CUNNINGHAM'S EMAIL BELOW FOR IDENTIFICATION 0OF ONE OF THE TEAM, JAMES CUNNINGHAM. THIS PHOTO HAS BEEN ENHANCED FROM THE ORIGINAL IN ORDER TO BRING OUT THE FACIAL FEATURES OF THE TEAM MEMBERS, AND ALSO REMOVE CREASES WHICH WERE IN THE ORIGINAL.
Tom: I have attached a copy of a photo of the White Horse Crack Soccer Club 1923. I amwilling to drop off the original at the Library if you are interested. The photo hasbeen rolled, hence the cracks in the copy. I didn't want to do anything to it more thanonce. I can only identify the gentleman with mustache to the extreme right--James Cunningham of Taft Avenue. I don't know anything about the club or any of the pictured individuals and onlyrescued the photo when a family estate was being closed out and we were given free rein to takeanything we wanted. If interested in the original, let me know.

No comments: