Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

1914: DILATUSH'S "GRAFTON FARM"

Many thanks to "Lakeside Girl" for correcting my index, wherein erroneously placed this post under the Allinson, Locust Hill's "Burholme."
CERTAIN THINGS PRESENT A PUZZLE AND UNFORTUNATELY, MY FRIEND DON DILATUSH IS NO LONGER WITH US, HAVING PASSED AWAY 5 OR SO YEARS AGO. I'M SURE DON COULD HAVE PROVIDED THE LINK TO HIS FAMILY'S HUGE FARM ON THE WEST SIDE OF ROUTE 130 AND THE GRAFTON HOMESTEAD WHICH HAS BEEN RELOCATED FROM ITS ORIGINAL SPOT ON ROUTE 130 TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE HAMILTON MARKETPLACE. THIS IS AN ENLARGED AND ENHANCED EXTRACT FROM A DILATUSH LETTERHEAD IN MY COLLECTION. GRAFTON WAS ORIGINALLY THE HOME OF 18TH CENTURY SHERIF JACQUES.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tom. My name is Tom Dilatush, and Don Dilatush was my uncle. I spent many hours as a child (in the '50s and '60s) walking with him on the farm along US 130, looking for fossils and Indian relics. I grew up on that farm. My father was Don's brother; he's the only sibling still alive. If I can help you answer your questions about the farm and its surrounds, I'd be happy to try. You can get me directly at tom-at-dilatush.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom - Just thought you should know - I hit the Burlhome entry on your wonderful new archive listing and got the Grafton entry instead. Burlhome was one of the original names for Locust Hill, as you probably know. Lakeside Girl