Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2007

1992: HHS '52: "I SHOULDABEEN THERE!"

HAD I NOT SKIPPED FIRST GRADE AND GONE RIGHT
INTO SECOND GRADE BACK IN THE EARLY1940'S,
I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE CLASS OF 1952 AT HHS. ....

NOT TO COMPLAIN, HHS 51 IS STILL WHAT I TERM
"THE CLASS WITH CLASS."

============================

THIS EMAIL FROM CANDY JENS WITH THE THE ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ WHICH APPEARS IN MY "THE WAY WE WERE" ARTICLE:

Tom:
Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane! Do you remember the Make Believe Ballroom on WNEW? William B. played "old" music even then (Miller, Goodman, etc.) but it's still listenable today. I share your opinion of "new" music!
(CANDY: ANYONE WHO RECALLS DON CORNELL IS A GENUINE EXPERT IN THE ART OF NOSTALGIA!)
1 - Mills Bros.
2 - Eddie Fisher, Wish you were Here
3 - You Belong to Me
4 - High Noon (can't remember the costar)
5 - Auf Wiedersehen (with spelling help from my German-born husband)
6 - Any Time
7 - Maybe (no points - I hadda Google that one)
8 - Leroy Anderson
9 - I Went to your Wedding
10 - Kay Starr
11 - Jumbalaya
12 - Don Cornell
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
Candy

OH, BY THE WAY....YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T SEND YOUR ANSWERS TO THE LATE, GREAT "MERCER MESSENGER." YOU CAN EMAIL THEM TO ME IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE NAMED THEM ALL CORRECTLY, OR NEARLY CORRECTLY!

No comments: