Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2007

1984: ONE FOR MY MANY KILDEA FRIENDS

HELE'S LOVELY MARY KILDEA FROM A 1984 EDITION OF THE MERCER MESSENGER FROM THE JACK LACY COLLECTION. MARY AND MATT KILDEA AND THEIR WONDERFUL FAMILY PLAYED A SUBSTANTIAL PART IN THE GLOVER FAMILY'S YEARS AS PARISHIONERS AT ST. ANTHONY PARISH IN HAMILTON. MY FIRST FLOOR STILL VIBRATES FROM THE MUSIC OF "VALHALLA." JOE KILDEA, MY SON TOM, JOE BOGNER, AND EDDIE PANTELONE WERE EXTREMELY TALENTED MUSICIANS.
THANKS TO JOE KILDEA FOR THE HEADS UP. I FORGOT TO MENTION ONE OF THE GLOVER'S FAVORITE MEMBERS OF THE TALENTED "VALHALLA" MUSICAL GROUP. DANNY COLEMAN WAS ALSO AN INTEGRAL PART OF THAT GREAT LITTLE BAND. HOW COULD I FORGET DANNY? HIS GENE KRUPA TYPE DRUMMING TALENTS WERE AT THE ROOT OF THAT HOUSE-VIBRATING SOUND THAT ECHOED THROUGH OUR LITTLE CAPE COD ON ATLANTIC AVENUE. JUDY AND I USED TO WATCH THE YANKEE GAMES WITHOUT SOUND. DANNY, YOU KNOW THAT MY OMISSION OF YOU WAS MERELY THE RESULT OF A "SENIOR MOMENT." I'M GETTING A LOT OF THEM LATELY. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP JOE. YOU KNOW I WOULD NEVER KNOWINGLY LEAVE DANNY OUT OF THE MIX.

JOE KILDEA WROTE:
Hey Mr. Glover!
Thank you so much for posting that beautiful picture of my Mom and that very nice piece about our family. I'm very honored to be a part of your extended family. We've been through a lot. I love your family very much and I believe you are all quite aware of that. I miss Tom. As far as that article, you gave the actual article to Tom to give to me and I had it hanging at my desk when I was still working at Delphi with Tom. I still have it. Thank you. I hope I'm not being too forward here but I must make you aware of this. Thanks for mentioning Valhalla.....I cant believe we made it to your site! We're also featured at Trentonmakes.com. Scroll down to #17 and you'll get to hear some old memories. (I highly reccomend it, you'll be pleasently surprised). http://trentonmakes.podomatic.com/ But, I need to point out that you missed Danny Coleman. I know it sounds petty, but I believe he would be hurt by being missed. He's very fond of you and has always been. He knows about your website and I would love to tell him to come see your post on us. Danny and I just had some major correspondence a few weeks ago, about some artistic ventures we might like to explore, yet in our lives. Me personally, I have a dream to write a musical, movie or stage, doesn't matter. I think I can do it, I just need the right story....and thats where other artists come in..... Danny wants to write a book. I forget the subject matter at this moment....it was good.....and he plans on getting with you to discuss the nature what you do as a writer. Danny thinks very highly of you. If it's not too much trouble at this point, I'm sure Danny would be as thrilled as I was to read your post....AND to be included! Thanks again for keeping me and my family a part of the family. You friend, Joe Kildea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you very much Mr. Glover! Joe just tipped me off to this article and the Valhalla references. I do have such fond memories of those days and an incredible appreciation for the patience that you and "The Boss" exhibited for those four years that we "vibrated the house".I can't thank you, Mrs.Glover,Kenny, and Julie Ann enough for dealing with "Tom's band in the basement." I firmly believe that those four wonderful years and the things that you've taught me (wether you knew it or not), have shaped the person that I am today. It truly was a magical time in all of our lives. Don't worry...I wasn't offended. Here's to you and the ROCK TUMBLER....always fondly...Danny Coleman

Unknown said...

Good words from good people. I'll remember Vahalla always. My best to all.