Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

1989 St. Patrick's Day Parade

How I miss that 1961 Rambler! It was owned by Miss Louise Baird, my adopted aunt, and had only 56,000 miles on it when I got it. HOWEVER, it was never garaged and through the years the Nash "Unibody" construction (no "A" frame) was rusted out and the car became a safety hazard, However, during the 15 years I had it in my garage, I managed to extend its life by a few thousand miles. Here you see it in the 1989 Trenton/Hamilton St. Patrick's Day parade. At one to the annual parades, it was my privilege to chauffeur Monsignor McCorristin through the parade route. He loved the old antique, and kept remarking that there was enough room in the front seat to stretch out completely, which he did. He also liked the easy reach of the ash tray on the all steel dash.

No comments: