Search This Blog

Monday, March 13, 2006



It was called "the theater of the mind." I am, and for many years, have been a collector of old radio programs. Modern technology now allows me to convert my old "analog" reel to reel radio shows to "digital MP3 format," which is a hi tech term for audio files that are compressed and stored for playback. It is hard to believe that 10 hours or more of old radio programs can be transferred to a player no larger than a package of cigarettes, and with absolutely no moving parts. The graphic accompanying this post is from a column I wrote many years ago. I have fond memories of the radio listening days of my youth. Once again, in this year of 2006, I am once again listening to those old favorites, as well as those great old "remotes" from various places around the country......"From the Flamingo Room in the Regency Hotel in downtown Chicago, it's the music of Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians with the sweetest music this side of heaven...."

No comments: