Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2016

THANK YOU, HARRY PODMORE!

As I have mentioned numerous times over the many years I have been mining for historic research, one of my favorite subjects is Mill Hill. I was fortunate enough to get an old weathered and "foxed" scrapbook. "foxed is (book people;s reference to the browning and tanning of pages). This old treasure was the property of fabled historian Harry Podmore. Herewith a digitized and dressed up set of pages relating to "Washington's Retreat."

1 comment:

April Nicolo said...

This is fantastic. I never knew about this place until now and I'm completely obsessed now. Even the eloquence of the writing from the True American, the way he describes the beauty on the banks of the Assunpink...this just resounded with me today. Thank you for continuing to share.