Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2015

1986 AND 1896: A COLLISION IN TIME!



I am a hopeless romantic. Way back in 1986 I wrote a column dealing with "Lifebuoy," Palmolive, and other soaps of the day; all of which were commonly available in almost every store. One of them was the fabled "IVORY" brand that thick rectangular bar that unlike other bathing soaps, floated. I liked that and so did many. So here we are in the 21st century and across my desk comes this folio filled with Ivory engravings as Proctor and Gamble celebrated the centennial of the classic brand. And guess who wrote an article about Ivory? You guessed it: Tom Glover back in the 1980s. The Ivory lady in the photo is a classic example of what I call the "feminine mystique;" she is absolutely physically gorgeous, and wears the classic dress that was common during the era of the "Gibson Girl." Yep, hopelessly romantic and not ashamed to say it either!

No comments: