Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

1941: THE NEW STACY THEATER (MAYFAIR?)

OK my dear visitors, I will need help with this confusing graphic. First off, there is a tear in the graphic. All that I could find from the date was the truncated letters, "ary. Thus the dated is obviously January of February, 1941. I must admit that I wondered why in the world the H&H Amusement Company chose the name of the Stacy Theater which was also on the opposite side of E. State Street. I can only assume that the theater shown in the graphic above became the Mayfair. I do know that the Mayfair took the place of the old Orpheum Theater.

FROM RALPH LUCARELLA:
Hi Tom: I believe the Hildinger family also owned the Strand, Greenwood and Center Theatres in addition to the Stacy and Orpheum. I remember when this happened and always thought the new name would be Mayfair and the Stacy would stay the same. Regards.
Thanks, Ralph.

1 comment:

Ralph Lucarella said...

Hi Tom: I believe the Hildinger family also owned the Strand, Greenwood and Center Theatres in addition to the Stacy and Orpheum. I remember when this happened and always thought the new name would be Mayfair and the Stacy would stay the same. Regards.