Search This Blog

Friday, November 28, 2008

1941: THE MIDWAY AT THE N.J. STATE FAIR

MANY THANKS TO RANDY RIGGS FOR THIS EXQUISITE PHOTO OF THE MIDWAY AT THE OLD STATE FAIRGROUNDS. THE OFFICES AND ENTRANCE TO THE GRANDSTAND IS SEEN IN THE VERY CENTER OF THE PHOTO. THERE'S A 1941 FORD IN THE CENTER OF THE PHOTO, RANDY, SO I CORRECTED YOUR VERY EDUCATED GUESS AS TO THE YEAR.
RANDY WROTE:

My dad took this photo on the backside of the Speedway, looks like after
the races were over for the day. My guess is 1940, based on the other photos
he took at the same time which I will be sending you. At the time, his sister
Evelyn was married to Walt Keiper, who was a local area race driver
(she later married Harold Tilton of Tilton Bakery).
Enjoy!
Randy Riggs

1 comment:

Jan Reesman (DiNatale) said...

I was Miss New Jersey State Fair. My Mom, Lucky Lucy, played there.