Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

1940: Electrical Motor Repair Company


This is a very familar company for me. Back in 1952 when I began working for the old Trenton Bearing Company, "EMR" was one of our best accounts. I recall Miss Becker as one of the office employees, and a man with the first name of "Bill," but for the life of me I can't recall his last name. Mr. Ed.Kotz, Sr. was a real gentleman. In fact, on one of my deliveries, he said if I ever wanted to leave the Trenton Bearing Company, to contact him. In retrospect, I should have taken Mr. Kotz up on his offer, because the Trenton Bearing Co. was a small family owned business and morphed into another family owned business which turned the business over to their sons who promptly drove the business into chapter 11. Electrical Motor Repair is is now on East State Street in Trenton, and is still in business. As they say in the old Pennsylvania Dutch verity, "Ve get too soon old, und too late schmart." How true!

No comments: