Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2016

1909: THE JERSEY DEVIL ALSO KNOWN AS THE LEED'S DEVIL AND THE "WOZZLEBUG."

When you have been writing for over 32 years and when 20 of those 32 years involved digital computing, it is a very rewarding experience to dig back and bring preserved and digitized photos and news articles to still another generation. I would bet that there are few in the younger generation who are familiar with the "Leed's Devil," also known as the "Jersey Devil." I know I wasn't until I found these absolutely fascinating articles as I pages through the millions of pages in my 100 year collection of Trenton newspapers. Enjoy and imagine!

2 comments:

Sally Logan Gilman said...

Hi Tom: There is a new thriller out, "The Jersey Devil'' written by Hunter Shea. It's among the new fiction at our local library. I will read it and let you know whether I liked it or not. I read a lot and this one caught my eye because of the NJ subject. Regards.

Anonymous said...

As the story goes, as published in other accounts, the 'devil' was Mrs. Leed's 13th child! Fascinating bit of folklore right here in NJ! Thanks for this, Tom!
Lakeside Girl