Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2016

1922: A CONCERTED EFFORT TO LURE SHOPPERS TO SOUTH WARREN ST.

Here's an interesting composition that I put together recalling an area which was always of interest to me. Most of my trips to downtown (uptown) Trenton were when I was a young boy and Mom Glover would take me there during her visits to pay the Public Service bill and at the same time visit the many stores in the State and Broad area. (Nevius Voorhees, Swern's, Gimbels, Kresge's, Woolworth's, W.T. Grant and countless other center city venues. It wasn't until I got my driving license that I got to explore South Warren Street where I often visited Penn Jersey and So. Warren Street when we went "cruising" an a Thursday night when the stores were open until 9. I am a firm believer that Trenton will once again become a more viable city and already we are seeing the Phoenix rise from the ashes with Mr. Eric Maywar's classic book shop, a barber shop and I am sure more to come. 

No comments: