Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2015

2015: THANK YOU HAMILTON TOWNSHIP FOR A WELL ROUNDED EDUCATION

 
Those who have been readers of my columns over the past 30 plus years will remember that many of my columns deal with Kuser School and Hamilton High School. I will be ever grateful to Hamilton Township for the well rounded education I received during my 12 years in the system. My generation is completely different from that of today. Instead of slacks and casual wear, our female teachers wore skirts, suits, and dresses. The men were always well groomed with suits, ties and sports jackets. Beside the "3 r's," we were also constantly reminded how important it was to be disciplined and learn the art of self control. My education was complete from the basics to many extras....Shakespeare, Longfellow, things cultural and of course my most important subject, Music. There wasn't one year when I was not involved in one or more music programs from our "Kuser Glee Club to the Hamilton High School award winning choir under the direction of Miss Louise Simpson Baird. Above is my humble tribute to Kuser School. How I loved my school days!

No comments: