Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2015

1937: NORTH BROAD STREET FROM DUNHAM'S SIDWALK AT STATE AND BROAD, LOOKING NORTH

I am editing many of my past R.C. Maxwell photos with the proper copyright information as requested by the Librarian at the Duke University Library R. C. Maxwell collection. I am also enhancing the photographs with a change from the Maxwell sepia tone to common "gray scale,"and including the copyright and photo identification information as seen in the red insert below the photo.

1 comment:

SJBill said...

Was Dwyer's Stationery located in this area? My first experience with Dwyer's was to purchase the requisite slide rule for my 11th grade physics class (with Alphonse P. Palermo at THS). Had to buy a better slide rule for the chemistry program at Rider, and then I needed a full set of French curves, triangles and ellipse templates for doing mechanical drawing.
I graduated from THS with Danny Dwyer and ran into him a few years later on the Island of Capri in the Gulf of Naples. HE was wearing a bathing suit as an American tourist, and I was wearing a white set of Cracker Jacks as a Navy Sailor. That was a wonderful liberty port!