Search This Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2014

1944: THE FINKLE BOYS "BACKING THE ATTACK" IN WWII

When I started this website back in 2005, I coined the slogan, "Local History With A Personal Touch."
As I page through the millions of pages in my personal collection of Trenton newspapers from the past 145 years, I often find notable and historic articles, ads and photos relating to folks with whom I am familiar. Such is the case here when I hand-scanned this article on the Finkle brothers of Jackson Street. These Finkle boys may or may not be related to my friend and fellow historian Art Finkle whose Trenton Jewish Historical Society website provides a fascinating view of Jewish life in Trenton.
(http://trentonjewishhistoricalsociety.blogspot.com). Recalling how my mom worried with two of her sons involved in WWII, I imagine Mr. and Mrs. Finkle had a triple WWII worry with two sons serving honorably in the military during the war.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom,
I went to TCHS with Art Finkle and lived at 245 Jackson St., four doors from the Finkle family.

Warren Rue