Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2014

1884: THE MASONIC TEMPLE: AN ARCHITECTURAL MASTERPIECE

 
It must have been the age. There is no way I can understand why that majestic structure that once stood on the Northwest Corner of North Warren and West State Street ever became a victim of the dreaded demolition of one of Trenton's true historic architectural treasures. These two articles, gleaned from my "MASONS-MASONIC" folder tell of the beginning of that beautiful building.  As I recall, Mr. Rider's school took up the 3rd floor of that building. 
Thanks to my regular visitor Joe Battiste for correcting my. I located the building on the corner of No. Warren and E. State instead of W. State. Street.

1 comment:

JoeB said...

Tom:
I'll try again, the first comment did not go thru. I can't bring my mind (What's left of it)to visual see this corner, Northwest Corner of North Warren and East State St.