Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

1915 (Circa 1915) TOM GLOVER'S "MOUNT FAMILY" GENEALOGY

I could never be bright enough to trace my family's ancestry, but a fellow web friend, Warren Rue was kind enough to tell me that he too was a Mount descendant and had our family history traced back as far as the 14th century. My mom was Alice Naomi Mount from the little town of Locust in the Middletown area of Monmouth County. George Mount was among the earliest settlers in the Middletown area, and his roots trace back to the Salem witch era, and includes ties to John Adams, John Quincy Adams, the Borden family of Bordentown and Lizzie who did those "40 whacks" and on and on. There is even a connection to Lord Cornwallis of Revolutionary war fame. The above photo is among one of only a few I have from my side of the family. It shows my Aunt Ruth Mount Williamson who passed away at a much too young age leaving my Uncle John a widower with 3 children; my cousin John "Goog" and Ruth and June. Those Mount genes resulted in beautiful female descendants.  June and Ruth were Hollywood pretty, and Goog a very handsome specimen. I am posting this photo showing my Aunt Ruth and am amazed at the resemblance she had to my cousin June. In her younger years, my mom was said to have resembled then Movie star Jane Harlow.

1 comment:

Lee Belardino said...

Tommy
great FAMILY HISTORY. You should be really proud. THE LADIES ON TRHE PICTURE ARE REAL BEAUTIES.
LEE