Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

2013: AN ERROR CORRECTED and THE STORY OF THE KUSER FARM "BEAR TREE"

Give Glover a coffee break and you have to re-train him; he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. How stupid it was of me to enter the incorrect time for my upcoming Kuser Mansion program, "A Night of Nostalgia and Music!" This only applies to those who read my Sunday column wherein I write about upcoming fall and winter programs. As you can see by the current  www.glover320.blogspot.com home page the time is correctly listed as 6 to 7:30. This post is for those visitors who read my Sunday column and entered the incorrect time on your respective calendars. Sorry for the error. The graphic below is another nostalgic memory from the years my best friend Don Slabicki and I spent working odd jobs at Fritz and Edna's Kuser Farm. Imagine two 12 year old boys walking through the Kuser woods, talking about the headline of the day where a bear escaped from captivity in the N.J. State Fair area. It was one of those dark and foggy winter after school days when we came upon this tree which still stands on the lawn diagonally opposite the tennis court. I can still see the beast's rump and legs as he shinnies up that tree! When former Councilman the late Jack Lacy heard my story he was going to have the township re-name the tree with a plaque that read "Tom Glover and Don Slabicki's Bear Tree;" unfortunately, the project never came to fruition.


No comments: