Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

1908: RELIGION IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS

My dear wife of 59 years tells me that I am too "simplistic" when I wonder why they had to remove religion from schools. I would add 1 hour to the daily school curriculum and set up 1 hour classes for the Christians, Jewish, Muslim, or any other lesser religion or non religious group that has members of that particular faith attending school. The Christians could celebrate their Christmas during that in school hour, and the other religions likewise celebrate their religions. We could still have a Christmas tree and an Easter Bunny, and those of other faiths, or non believers could have a "Holiday Tree" at Christmas, and a  "Spring Bunny" at America's Easter season; whatever floats your boat. Simplistic? I guess so. 
I also have a "simplistic" solution to the issue of gun control. In my ignorant simplistic solution, I would rather hear the phrase "criminal control." Simplistic? Yup, and I'm stuck with it.

1 comment:

RALPH LUCARELLA said...

HI TOM....RELIGION IN CHAMBERSBURG WAS A WAY OF LIFE FROM THE TIME YOU WERE BORN. I RECALL GOING TO CHURCH AT AN EARLY AGE IN ORDER TO GET HOLY COMMUNION. MY GRAND MOTHER WENT TO CHURCH EVERY DAY, I BELIEVE. THE ITALIANS, WITH THE VATICAN IN ROME, WERE ALL CLOSELY ATTACHED TO THE CHURCH. WHEN I VISITED CASANDRINO IN ITALY, THE FATHER TOOK THE TIME TO SHOW US THE MADONNA AND EXPLAINED ALL ABOUT THE FEAST. BEST REGARDS