Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

1938: North Broad at Feeder St. and RR crossing

This is a segmented photo showing the Colonial Restaurant and an adjoining clothing store. Once again, a pristine photo with what I believe is a Willys Overland car. Subject to verification by our resident auto expert Ray Paskiewicz. Incidentally Ray, your email with other Maxwell views much appreciated. Unfortunately I can't get to the actual graphic with the description you gave. All Maxwell photos have an XXH typs prefix followed by a number. Additionally, I will probably run across some of those you listed. There are more Maxwell photos to be formatted, copyright noted and posted.
ONCE AGAIN, A NOTE TO NEWCOMERS: TO ENLARGE THE GRAPHIC, RIGHT CLICK ON IT, AND CHOOSE "OPEN LINK IN A NEW WINDOW." IT WILL ENLARGE. LOOK FOR A POSSIBLE MAGNIFYING GLASS TO ENLARGE EVEN MORE,

2 comments:

rayfromvillapark said...

Hi Tom, Your keeping me busy. It is a 1937 Willys, but not an Overland. Willys only used the name Overland for one year, 1939. In 1941 & 42, they named their cars, Willys Americar. I really like the sign in the restaurant window. A cup of coffee to you, but a reputation to us. Meals 25, 30 & 35 cents. Home cooked. Neat! Tom, you give me too much credit, expert, I don't no, automobile enthusiast, yes. rayfromvillapark

Tom Glover said...

DON'T BE MODEST, RAY. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE CAR GUY WHEN IT COMES TO THE MANY MARQUES FROM YEARS AGO. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.

TOM