Search This Blog

Thursday, December 06, 2012

1945: CHRISTMAS MEMORIES

What red blooded American boy didn't lust for a Red Ryder Bee Bee gun? The same red blooded American  boy who lusted for a "Flexi" as in Flexible Flyer. The Christmas season is time for nostalgic memories, and nothing brings them back to me as those four graphics. Approaching the year 2013 when I will reach the
golden age of 80, I find comfort in the knowledge that there are 2 stick model airplane models in my storage  
area. One is a Curtis P40  "Warhawk" and the other an ME 109 Messerschmitt. One day when I am limited
in my physical abilities, I will acquire a soft mounting surface similar to the  "Homasote" wall board we use to use, and diligently return to the joys of model building.......uhh, that is, if my aging eyes will allow!

1 comment:

RALPH LUCARELLA said...

HI TOM....THE CHRISTMAS SEASON BRINGS BACK MANY TOUGH MEMORIES OF THE DEPRESSION OF THE 30'S. MY FATHER WAS WORKING JUST FOR FOOD ORDERS AND I CAN'T RECALL GETTING ANY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS FOR QUITE SOME TIME. THAT'S PROBABLY ONE REASON OUR KIDS MADE OUT LIKE BANDITS WHEN THEY WERE KIDS. WE STILL ENJOYED THE HOLIDAYS AND LOOKED FORWARD TO THE NEW YEAR. BEST REGARDS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS