Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012


Comments such as this from a visitor whom I will only identify as "Grace" are what makes the Hamilton Library's Local History Collection a pleasure. While Grace's guest book entry below was sent to me, it is important to remember that the support of Mr. George Conwell, our former Director, and our current Director Ms. Susan Sternberg, without whom there would be no local history website.

I LOVE YOUR HISTORY PAGES! WISH THERE WAS SOMEONE LIKE YOU IN VERY NOOK AND CRANNY OF THE U.S. I HATE TO THINK OF THE TIME TO COME WHEN THESE HISTORIES AND MEMORIES ARE LOST FOREVER.
NO, I'M NOT FROM THE HAMILTON AREA, I GREW UP IN MORRISTOWN IN MORRIS CO., NJ IN THE 40s AND 50s AND REVEL IN EVERY SPECK OF HISTORY I CAN GLEAN OF WHAT I CONSIDER MY HOME STATE.
I WAS LED YOUR WAY BY A POST CARD OF THE 1907(?)
HAMILTON SQUARE SCHOOL ON EBAY. GRAND PIC!
I HAVE LIVED IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA FOR 50 YEARS.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO TO MAINTAIN YOUR FASCINATING WEB PAGES. 

No comments: