Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

2012: I REMEMBER ST. ANTHONY'S

I have been working on the growing "ST. ANTHONY" folder in the Hamilton Library database. I will be compiling the files for a future presentation. My St. Anthony memories go back to the late 1950's when I converted to the faith.The move from the Anglican St. James P.E. Church to the Roman Catholic faith was really a lateral move; both religious persuasions have much in common. The memory of my years at that great old church on South Olden Avenue could easily fill a lengthy book. From my years as a lector, president of the holy name society, the PTA, and general all around volunteer bring back some bittersweet memories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Tom for the memories. I was in the class of 1957 at St. Anthony's Parochial School. My older sister also graduated from there in 1951...then Cathedral in 1955.