Search This Blog

Friday, September 07, 2012

2012: THANK YOU FOR THE THANK YOU!

It's really nice after spending 7 years volunteering to bring "The Music We Grew Up With" to the local citizens. There were no visits from any Hamilton Council folks, even though I have sent one or two e-mails over the past few years suggesting that just a quick visit to those in attendance would add a bit of credibility to this volunteer effort. However, I should have realized that those folks are very busy and taking time from their weekend is a bit of a stretch. But to those who did attend, we didn't have standing room only crowds, but we did have hard core lovers of the music we loved to listen to. As I closed out the last week of summer 2012, I was emotionally moved when a young lady came to the gazebo as I was packing up to go home and left me with the signed "thank you" from those in attendance. That gesture makes all the volunteer time and effort I expend well worth while. My response, THANK YOU for your support!

1 comment:

Sally Logan Gilman said...

To: Congratulations on a job well done. I'm with you in spirit.Regards