Search This Blog

Friday, July 06, 2012

2012: A NOSTALGIC SLIDE SHOW THE FABULOUS 50'S

I am a hopeless romantic; it's in my blood. click on the link below. It is a slide show I put together with files from my "the Hamilton Library's "NOSTALGIA" folder. Unfortunately, this slide show will not be viewed by the majority of people who are 70 and over, as a pitiful few are on the internet. It is especially relevant to those of us who remember the 1950's. But for those of my generation who took the time to learn the computer and are regular visitors to this website, click on the link above. I hope you get the same emotional jolt that I received as you advance through 98 pages of memories.

http://smilebox.com/play/4d7a497a4f4455334d7a633d0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_link

CLICK ON "FULL SCREEN" AND WHEN THERE IS A SLIDE YOU WANT TO EXAMINE MORE CLOSELY. CLICK ON THE PAUSE/PLAY ARROW. ENJOY



Anonymous Ron Bound said...

Great memories, the penny candies. A time when we didn't have many pennies. I can remember the excitement of finding a penny on the ground, and heading for the corner store, Franklin and Ashmore, to get a piece of penny candy. Ron

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Delete

2 comments:

Ron Bound said...

Great memories, the penny candies. A time when we didn't have many pennies. I can remember the excitement of finding a penny on the ground, and heading for the corner store, Franklin and Ashmore, to get a piece of penny candy. Ron

Anonymous said...

"what did we call these" candy in a tin eaten with a small metal spoon was the best. How do we get the name?