Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

2012: TOM GLOVER'S SUMMER CONCERT SERIES

TIME IS GROWING SHORT! NEXT WEEK I WILL BE GOING TO THE KUSER PARK GAZEBO AND DOING A "DRY RUN" TO CHECK OUT THE AUDIO FOR THE UPCOMING SUMMER 2012 CONCERT SEASON.
Above is a photo of the 4 x 8 foot sign which Hamilton Township's extremely talented sign shop installed at the corner of Leonard and Newkirk Avenue announcing my 7th year of musical sing along concerts at Kuser Farm Park. I will be keeping this graphic on the top of this blog during the ensuing weeks. I hope to see a number of visitors to this website at one or more of these uplifting fun concerts. If you do attend, please be sure to say hello. My computer music repertoire has continued to grow over the past year and I will be doing many new songs including songs of faith and inspiration. The graphic below shows my initial appearance at the Kuser summer concerts back in 2006. It was a success, but there was an unforeseen glitch. The days get much shorter at the end of August, and unknown to me and the township, the lights were set to go out at dusk. So, halfway through the two hour event, the lights went out; the only light left burning was a single overhead light in the center column of the gazebo. With the main lights around the interior of the gazebo off , I was singing in the dark with only the night light and my computer screen emitting light. I asked those in attendance if they wanted me to call it a night and they responded with a resounding "no!" So as they say,"the show must go on". It did, and the next hour of darkness was enjoyed by all as we sang all those familiar oldies. As you can see on the sign in the photo below, those who preceded me were all paid professional musicians. I didn't expect, nor did I get the large attendance one would expect from professional talent. However, the 40 or so who did attend had a wonderful time and wanted my assurance that I would be back in 2007. I was, have been, and will continue as long as I am able, and as long as the township wants me.
Sally Logan Gilman said...

Hi Tom: Good luck with your upcoming summer concerts -- your audience is lucky to have you. I'll be with you in spirit. Best wishes for a summer of song. Regards

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Delete
Blogger JoeZ said...

TOM: GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR UPCOMING CONCERTS, FILL THE HOUSE. IF YOU CAN PLEASE SEND ME THE WEBSITE FOR THE R.C. MAXWELL PHOTO'S AT DUKE, I CAN ONLY LOCATE A FEW. THANKS.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Delete
Blogger Tom Glover said...

SORRY, JOE. FOR COMPLICATED LEGAL COPYRIGHT REASONS, I AM SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL POSTS WHICH I POST ON THE HAMILTON LIBRARY WEB SITE, INCLUDING MY SOURCES.
TOM

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Anonymous Lee Belardino said...

Tommy
sounds like a great line-up. Wish with all my heart I could attend.Beats the heck out of anything going on.Attendees are lucky.
Lee

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Delete
Blogger Tom Glover said...

LEE:
YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU AT THE SUMMER CONCERTS. WE COULD MAKE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC TOGETHER. YOU'LL BE WITH ME EVERY TIME I SING ONE OF OUR CHOIR SONGS FROM HHS.

"TOMMY"

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Delete

No comments: