Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

2012: THE CARRIAGE HOUSE AT KUSER FARM

I was delighted to see the scaffolding put up at the carriage house at Kuser Farm Park. Over the years since the property came into the possession of the Township of Hamilton, I have watched that great old complex losing it structural integrity. As all visitors are aware, I have a unique love for this historic Hamilton Township farm. It was one of my unfulfilled dreams to use the second floor apartment in the carriage house for my local history headquarters, but unfortunately, it turned out to be one of the many "pipe dreams" I have experienced in my life time. Back in the late 1940's Fritz Kuser offered me and my future wife no charge occupancy of the second floor apartment. This structure, and the adjoining buildings which once housed a pigeon loft, stables, and a workshop, were also falling into disrepair. And now, along comes Chuck Easton and his highly qualified craftsmen who are bringing this beautiful structure back to it former glory. I saw Chuck during our recent Armed Forces Day ceremony at Veterans' Park in May, and he told me the welcome news that the windmill soon be brought back to restored condition. Two Glover prayers have been answered!

No comments: