Search This Blog

Thursday, June 07, 2012

1947: THE DELUXE DINER, 411 E. STATE STREET

This is a cut and paste segmented graphic giving an unusually clear view of the old De luxe Diner which was located on E. State Street. I remember going there once when I first got my driver's license in 1950. Those old "trolley car" diners had a certain charm and intimacy that is sadly lacking in the huge diners of today. Before I am descended upon by any English and spelling nitpicker, I would point out that my spell checker tried to correct "DE LUXE" with "DELUXE," but the photo speaks for itself.

1 comment:

RALPH LUCARELLA said...

HI TOM.....THIS DINER IS WHERE I ATE BREAKFAST WHILE I WORKED AT THE POST OFFICE ACROSS THE STREET. THE MEMORIES OF TRYING TO GET ENOUGH ENERGY TO START WORK AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING LINGER ON. BEST REGARDS.