Search This Blog

Friday, May 04, 2012

1933: NEW A & P MARKET IN DOWNTOWN TRENTON

I am told that I am the Historian of Hamilton Township. My love of Trenton could also qualify me as a person with much interest in the city of Trenton from its earliest years up to the focus of my interest, Trenton's viable "golden" years. With more than 60 years of researching any and all phases of the aforementioned areas, I must admit that this graphic really surprised me. I had no inkling that an Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company store was located in such a sumptuous building in such a down town location.
Blogger SJBill said...

I sure don't remember the building as an A&P, but the building still stands, Tom. Check Bing maps for 101 N. Broad St.

The street level windows are blocked off, but the rest of the building remains essentially unchanged.

Friday, May 04, 2012

Tom Glover wrote:

Many thanks, Bill. Below is a view of the building via Google.






1 comment:

SJBill said...

I sure don't remember the building as an A&P, but the building still stands, Tom. Check Bing maps for 101 N. Broad St.

The street level windows are blocked off, but the rest of the building remains essentially unchanged.