Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

1950: THE KUSER FARM TENNIS CLUB

As workers in the maintenance of the Kuser Farm clay tennis court, my best friend Don Slabicki and I were members of the Kuser Farm Tennis Club. The article above is actually a caption to a very poor press photo of the group. I have removed the phrase "in the photo above, left to right..." with "Those in attendance included.." Don and I met many very prominent people in our years in the tennis club, and as part time helpers at Fritz and Edna Kuser's Kuser Farm. Oscar Hammerstein II, former Governor Meyner, local tennis Eddie Moylan, Leo and Don Bannon, and others listed in the article. I drew the pencil sketch of the Kuser tennis house back in the 1980's for one of my many "Mercer Messenger" Kuser Farm "The Way We Were" articles.

No comments: