Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

1936: KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS REUNION CAMP COLUMBUS

Once again, a number of familiar names in the photo above, including a "Millerick," Ed! I'm sure it is a relative. We Roman Catholics are very proud of the work of the Knights of Columbus 355 for all the good they do, and have done over the years. I do miss their regular spaghetti suppers that Judy and I ordered back in the years when my old friend and Kof C chef the late Frank Anama and his co-workers labored for hours getting their delicious pencil point dinners ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom:

This is a great reminder of what my future friends looked like when I was only 2 1/2 years old.
Bobby Reither was a frequent sleep over guest at our house since he was great pals with my older brother Bob. Bill Mountford was a long time family physician with offices on No.Warren St. near the Cathedral. I spent many a night listening to his stories at the Elks Lodge #105. His son Bill became my attorney, and son Bob my stock broker and neighbor in Hunterdon County.
Frank Donlon was my first track coach, and also my teacher at Jr. #4. A super guy, and real Catholic Gentleman.
Camp Columbus was out in the Boonies of Ocean County on the shores of Bamber Lake. it is now surounded by a pletora of senior citizen enclaves around Whiting NJ.

Thanks for the Memories

Mike Kuzma