Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

1936: KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS REUNION CAMP COLUMBUS

Once again, a number of familiar names in the photo above, including a "Millerick," Ed! I'm sure it is a relative. We Roman Catholics are very proud of the work of the Knights of Columbus 355 for all the good they do, and have done over the years. I do miss their regular spaghetti suppers that Judy and I ordered back in the years when my old friend and Kof C chef the late Frank Anama and his co-workers labored for hours getting their delicious pencil point dinners ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom:

This is a great reminder of what my future friends looked like when I was only 2 1/2 years old.
Bobby Reither was a frequent sleep over guest at our house since he was great pals with my older brother Bob. Bill Mountford was a long time family physician with offices on No.Warren St. near the Cathedral. I spent many a night listening to his stories at the Elks Lodge #105. His son Bill became my attorney, and son Bob my stock broker and neighbor in Hunterdon County.
Frank Donlon was my first track coach, and also my teacher at Jr. #4. A super guy, and real Catholic Gentleman.
Camp Columbus was out in the Boonies of Ocean County on the shores of Bamber Lake. it is now surounded by a pletora of senior citizen enclaves around Whiting NJ.

Thanks for the Memories

Mike Kuzma

Unknown said...

Thanks for that memory Mr Glover. Dad loved to cook for the "guys". Keep up your great work with these historic photos.
Steven Anama,DDS