Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

1990's: MONSIGNOR JOSEPH FERRANTE

"Are you going to sing "Be Exalted" tonight, Tom?" He was one of the many wonderful men of God I met during my 60 years in the faith. Back in the 80's and 90's when my son Tom and I and 5 beautiful lady singers from the singing group "Wings of Song" sang at the Saturday Folk Mass at St. Anthony church, "Monsignor Joe," along with Sister Delora, were among our many staunch supporters. The above photo was taken prior to one of our Saturday night Masses at St. Anthony. Monsignor Joe left us much too early in life. He was truly an inspiration, as were most of the wonderful men of the cloth with whom I have had the privilege to be acquainted during my years at that beautiful church on South Olden Avenue, and now at Father Dennis' Sacred Heart Church.

No comments: