Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

1913: CHAMBERSBURG'S "3 HORSE FIRE TRUCK"


This news photo and the accompanying article from my "FIRE-FIRE RELATED" folder in the Local History Collection. It has been scanned, re-formatted and enhanced and the logo for the fantastic Med Havens Fire Museum over on the fire house on Perry Street in Trenton. A number of years ago, I was a tour guide on the Contemporary Club's annual "Four Tours of Trenton." One of the spots my tour included was Med Havens' Civil War and Fire Museum. What an incredible collection! Check out their website at http://www.trentonfiremuseum.com where you will find rare and priceless fire fighting implements.

1 comment:

Mack said...

Nice:)
That was a smaller firehouse on South Clinton.
I see a Toft in the pic. I remember a Mr Toft from Jr 4, possibly this is an ancestor of his:)