Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

1930: FRED SCULLY; I REMEMBER HIM WELL


On our many visits to Wetzel Field back in the middle of the 20th century, my buddy Don Slabicki and I often saw then white haired Fred Scull y doing something baseball; either managing, coaching or just plain visiting. He was a local baseball legend.
Ralph Lucarella said...

HI AGAIN TOM....FRED SCULLY WAS ONE OF THE MOST ACTIVE AMONG ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE CENTRAL JERSEY LEAGUE. I RECALL ALL HIS TEAMS AND EACH ONE REPRESENTED HAMILTON AS ONE OF THE BEST.

2 comments:

Ralph Lucarella said...

HI AGAIN TOM....FRED SCULLY WAS ONE OF THE MOST ACTIVE AMONG ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE CENTRAL JERSEY LEAGUE. I RECALL ALL HIS TEAMS AND EACH ONE REPRESENTED HAMILTON AS ONE OF THE BEST.

Rick Scully said...

I am one of Fred Scully's grandsons. He loved the game of baseball more than anyone I ever knew. When he lived with us, near the end of his life, he would make me smile each time he'd say things like "hit 'em where they ain't, Tiger" or "take 2 and hit to right!" whenever I left the house to go to school or out with friends. Thanks for posting the article.