Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

1887: THE SUBURBS EXPANDING TO THE EAST OF THE CITY. (ANDERSON'S GROVE)

One of the really great things about historic research is found in some very unexpected places. I have been actively seeking any and all information I can find on Hamilton Township's historic Anderson Farm which went back to Colonial times. Like my search for elusive information on Camp Olden, the Anderson farm has at least given me enough information that I can safely place it just on the township line with the city of Trenton in the areal of today's Woodlawn Avenue and eastward all the way to the Greenwood Cemetery area. Much of today's Bromley is within the boundary of the Anderson Farm. The article above adds a bit more intrigue into this interesting area of Hamilton.

No comments: