Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

1885: THE JONATHAN AND RACHEL HUTCHINSON FAMILY REUNION

These folks were the "blue bloods" of pioneer Nottingham Township in the very earliest years of Hamilton Township. The Tindalls, Cubberleys, Rogers, and Robbins families, and I'm sure others which I have not named, were farming the land from the earliest years of old Nottingham. I have inserted the Hamilton Square Baptist graphic. In 1912 when it was printed, there were 19 Hutchinson family members who were communicants at the historic Hamilton Square Baptist Church.   .

1 comment:

Sally Logan Gilman said...

Hi Tom: I have two of the orginal family histories you show above. My mother, Sarah Hutchinson Logan, saved them for me. I use them to trace my grandfater, David Silvers Hutchinson, who is noted on Page 13. He was a widower when he married my grandmother, Emilie Gibney. He was very much older then granny and did not live a long time after they moved into a brand new house on Carteret Avenue in 1900. Another treasure is the orginal newspaper story on the 150th reunion of the Hutchinson Homestead. It ran, along with photos, in the Sunday Times Advertiser on Aug. 13, 1935. As you can imagine, it is very yellow but I take good care of it. Best Wishes.